Tuesday, June 7, 2016

What an eventful last day of leave. 

Dragged myself to church, having slept late the night before (sigh).


Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.


I met your mom at the bus-stop outside the church, where she has just bought paos and said she was on her way back home (to AMK).

we chatted for a while, about the pao shop, new coffee shop, etc.....then realized we were getting onto the same bus. 

We chatted for the rest of the journey, about how your sisters were going to Korea, about how I was looking for ba zhangs, then i showed her my hk photos, and we chatted about how I traveled alone and should be careful and how the locals were complicated etc..



It was surreal, how familiar and yet foreign it felt....yes, how familiar. Yet there's this acute awareness of while how she has married you off, she was talking to this girl from your past...with a very uncertain future: uncertain career (I don't think she knew it at this point), uncertain relationship-wise. 


I started off the journey to Novena rather worried that I'd be late to meet Po. The 30minutes passed too fast... Am thankful for the opportunity today. To meet your mom, to meet Po...for the 1.5 weeks of leave alone. 

As I parted ways and got off the bus, she grasped my hands and told me: pray, remember to pray...


Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
Within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father You are King over the flood
I will be still and
know You are God

No comments:

Post a Comment